Shoalhaven Hockey News
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO THE CONDUCT OF THE WINTER COMPETITION FOR 2014
The following grades of competition are to be offered
for the 2014 season:
- Men A & B (subject to nominations)
- Women A & B (subject to nominations)
- Juniors (mixed) Under 16 (born 1998 or later) - A, B & C
- Junior Girls 1) In the girls only competition, players may be drawn
from registrations within that team and girls from Junior B or C grades,
2) Girls registered in the girls only competition shall only be eligible
to play in the junior mixed competition if they are also registered
with a junior mixed team.
The 2014 competition will commence as follows:
- Seniors -
Week commencing 17th March – Nominations close Saturday 1st March, 2014
- Juniors (A, B, C) -
Week commencing 17th March – Nominations close Saturday 8th March, 2014
- Half Field -
Week commencing 28th April
- Grand finals (tentatively) - Week commencing 8th September
The fee structure for 2014 is:
- TEAM NOMINATIONS (Minimum of 7 players per team)
- Senior teams First team - $2,000* ($1,800 in 2013)
Subsequent teams - $1,500* ($1,450 in 2013)
Additional players over full team (14) per division - $120
Payments due: 50% on Saturday 1st March, 2014; 25% on 1st April, 2014; last 25% on 1st May, 2014
- Junior teams First team - $1500* ($1,450 in 2013)
Each subsequent team - $1,000* ($1,150 in 2013)
Additional players over full team (14) per division - $80
Payments due: 50% on Saturday 8th March, 2014; 25% on 1st May, 2014; last 25% on 1st June, 2014
* If paid by the due date, a 10% credit note will be issued to the Club
NOTE: These fees do not include any allocation for training
PLAYER AFFILIATION (to cover NSW Affiliation fees, insurances, Shoalhaven affiliation)
- Senior players (over 18 - born earlier than 1996) - $161.20* per player ($137.50 in 2013) (reduces to $60 if registered with NSW through another Association)
Payments due: Within 7 days of invoices (issued 1st of each month)
Junior players (Under 18 - born 1996-2004) - $90.25* per player ($79.50 in 2012) (reduces to $30 if registered with NSW through another Association)
Payments due: Within 7 days of invoices (issued 1st of each month)
Sub Junior players (Under 9 - born 2005 or after) - $30 per player ($30 in 2013)
Payments due: With team nomination
Non playing members - $30 per person ($30 in 2013)
Team player lists are to be supplied prior to the 3rd
competition round (Minimum of 7 players per team)
- Senior teams Friday 4th April, 2014
- Junior teams Friday 4th April, 2014
The following fee structure for training will apply:
JUNIOR REPRESENTATIVE COACHES
- Full field for 1 hour (under training lights) = $110
- Half field for 1 hour (under training lights) = $60
- Half field for one hour (no lights) = $50
- This fee will apply for bookings made. Bookings will be made in blocks of 2 months with payment in advance on a prescribed order form. (NOTE: A 10% discount will apply if paid on or prior to due date.)
- Only cancellation will be for lightning cancellation
Nominations for the following Junior
Representative Coaches are to be lodged with
the Secretary by 1st March 2013:
The following fine schedule be adopted
- Failure to umpire $50 (with $25 being reimbursed to
the replacement club in addition to umpire fee)
- Un-notified forfeit $100 ( Less than 48 hrs notice to
- Failure to undertake Duty* $100 (with $50 being distributed
amongst disadvantaged parties)
- Protest deposit $100
Local Playing Rules
Local Shoalhaven Rules
Several local rules/conditions apply to the game played in the
- All senior games are to be 35 minutes each half with a 5 minute break.
- All junior games are to be 25 minutes each half with a 5 minute break.
- No game shall be postponed due to lack of umpires. Captains are to appoint
umpires. See Umpire
- Up to 3 interchange players may be used in each game (except the lowest
junior grade, where interchange is permitted to allow all players to have
a game). Names and shirt numbers are to be recorded on card
- A forfeit may be claimed if after 10 minutes, the opposing team cannot take
the field with 7 or more players. A scorecard must be completed. See Forfeit
- All details must be completed including grade, team, final score, players
(including substitutes) and any disciplinary cards issued during the game.
- Any injury is to be written on the scorecard.
- Completed scorecards should be sent to the Registrar to reach him within
- The Executive will make any decision and have this broadcast as early as
possible. If time permits, clubs will be notified by email and/or phone.
- Any Saturday game will be deferred to the Sunday of the following weekend.
If this day is washed out the games will be abandoned and declared draws.
- Players issued with disciplinary cards (or equivalent) shall accumulate
points on the following basis: Green = 1pt, Yellow = 3pts. Once accumulating
10pts the player will be suspended for one competition day. Discipline points
are also deducted from the player's Best & Fairest tally.
- On the issue of a red card, the umpire is to provide a written report to
the Secretary within 48 hours. A Judiciary meeting will then be called. A
red card is equivalent to 10 pts deducted from the B & F tally. A player
receiving a red card cannot participate in any other match on that day. See
- A team playing with 9 or more players MUST have a goalkeeper, equipped with
helmet, pads and kickers.
- No field player shall have goalkeeper privileges
without goalkeeper equipment (Helmet, pads & kickers)
- In the lowest Junior grade the following rules shall apply:
- there shall be no restriction on the number of players allowed for interchange
- in the interest of player safety:the ball shall generally be played along the ground,
- the stick should not be raised above the shoulder in general play so as to intimidate players from tackling,
- the game shall be umpired in accordance with the guidelines shown in Competition Rules Annexure A.
- A player's registration within a division does not become effective until
he/she has participated in at least 1 game in that Division.
- Late registrations (until 30/6) must be notified to the Registrar by 8PM in
the evening two (at least 48 hours) days prior to the game day/time. After 30/6 any new registration must be approved by the Executive.
- It is the responsibility of the duty club to provide ground control at their
allotted home field.
- All games are to start on time, especially Junior matches which are to be
- At the Nowra field locations the duty club is to operate the Association
canteen. See Canteen
- Clubs may be fined for various matters - failure to umpire, unnotified forfeit
or other incident which, in the Executive's opinion, brings the game into